Thursday, December 27, 2012

Watercolor Drawing

       I know I know, I've been posting a lot lately. But I just can't help myself!
This is my first watercolor piece. I wasn't sure how exactly it would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised! This is a farm scene (if you haven't already guessed) so the sketching part was pretty easy. But the details? Totally different story. The sky is much greyer and stormier in real life than in the image, but I like how it turned out :) So BEHOLD! The watercolor. (in 3 phases)

                                                                 Sketch: Phase 1.
               
                                                                 Simple Brushwork: Phase 2

                                                              THE FINISHED PAINTING!
                                                                           Phase 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment